Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cirque du Soleil OVO

You have to yell it....OVO!!
The hubs and I went to the Cirque du Soleil OVO show in Frisco last weekend for a belated 5th Anniversary present to ourselves.  It was phenomenal!!!  I've never been to a show like that, and I can safely say ~ I am hooked!!  I can't wait for another to come to town!!

The story line is this blue insect (they're all insects) starts things off lugging in a huge egg on his back aka OVO.
This other critter (I will call him King, because in my opinion, he appeared to be King of all the insects) stole blue bugs egg while he wasn't looking.
So blue bug is trying to find his egg and get it back while all the time falling in love with the lady bug!


The show was also hilarious!  Blue bug and King get into a skirmish and draw imaginary swords and commence to have a sword fight.  They both stop after a few minutes after being winded, but while they are catching their breaths, they realize the sword fighting (sound effects) are still going, so they pick up where they left off.  Oh King and blue bug had me rolling!!

It was an outstanding show with unbelievable talent and acts!  Here are a few more pictures of some of the exciting displays:


These guys would toss those kiwi looking things in the air with their feet and pass them from one another and flip, and twist....amazing!

I now want to be a big lady bug for Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment